Friday 11 September 2020

Vlog: The puberty that wasn't supposed to exist

A few months ago I got asked by the friendly folks over at Monstrous Regiment (the publisher) whether I would be interested in writing an essay that would be part of a whole book of essays titled 'So Hormonal' [1]. It's a book about hormones, puberty, and everything normal and unusual that happens around it. My essay covers my experiences growing up and going through puberty as an intersex person.

Because words are just that, and sometimes having them in spoken form adds a lot of meaning that is otherwise hard to perceive, I decided to read the essay on video.




[1] https://www.monstrous-regiment.com/shop/so-hormonal-essays-about-our-hormones


Maya

1 comment:

Tom Farrier said...

I really like your essay, and I continue to admire you as a person. You saved yourself, and this may help save many young people in the future