Sunday 17 March 2019

This year's keywords are: freelance, France, Patreon

Starting tomorrow, I'll start moving my belongings to a temporary apartment as the search for a house in the Alsace region in France continues, as I wrote about in my previous blog entry. Getting all of the logistics organised for this move is still an ongoing process, even as the process of packing up at the old apartment is winding down.

My hope is that by the next weekend, everything will be at the new place, so that during the last week of this month I can finally end another less fun chapter in my life. Hopefully I'll be finally free of the old apartment and its slumlord after five years of struggling to find a new place, dealing with an eviction despite no debts or other reasons, etc.

There's still a lot of work to be done to get me over to the new place, with any bit of help appreciated, but this should be the first big improvement in my life in a long, long time.


Also tomorrow I'll be looking at this house in the Alsace for which I have a chance of being allowed to rent it. If that works out, then in a matter of weeks I'll be moving again, hopefully for the final time for a long time.

With living in a small French village also comes having to get a car, meaning that I'm comparing various used cars at this point, with plug-in hybrids looking especially attractive due to the low running and maintenance costs. This means that for the coming time I'll be spending quite a bit of money to set myself up.

This month is also the first month that I'm officially a freelancer. I'm still trying to find my way, of course, but there are many options open to me. Hopefully by next month I'll have that stable income in addition to a nice, quiet working environment.

I have set up a Patreon account [1] for those who want to support my efforts with finally finishing my autobiography, as well as maybe supporting a career as a writer. Feel free to have a look there and maybe toss a few bucks per month my way if you feel so inclined :)

Another thing I have been meaning to set up for a few years now, but haven't found the time yet, is a YouTube channel for Nyantronics [2], with a focus on electronics, software and science. Both Nyantronics projects, but also for general education, tear downs and all of the usual things.

Feel free to support me on Patreon, or donate to me directly. Or help out with these two moves the coming weeks and I'll make sure that there's free pizza for everyone :)


Maya


[1] https://www.patreon.com/MayaPosch
[2] http://www.nyantronics.com

No comments: